What’s this policy about and when does it apply?
Your privacy is important to us. In this policy we want to explain to you how we
- use your personal data
- comply with the data protection legal obligations which apply to us and this website so that you understand and have a choice about how your personal data is collected, used and stored (processed).
The policy applies when you use our Website and is part of our terms and conditions which you can find here.
This policy was last updated on 05/05/2018. We may make changes to the policy (for example to keep up with changes in the law) so we advise you to check the policy as you use the Website and our services, although we will let you know about material changes.
Who are you?
We are: HCT Turf LLP, The Old Stable, Newcourt Barton, Clyst Road, Topsham, Exeter, EX3 0DB.
We are a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales, Companies House number OC388620 whose Registered Office is at Centenary House Peninsula Park, Rydon Lane, Exeter EX2 7XE.
Our email address is email@example.com and our website is www.wesellturf.com.
Who do I contact about personal data or change my mind about how you can use it?
Our data protection representative is Stephanie Dennis who you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help or information about this policy or about how we collect and use personal data. You can also write to us if you prefer – see Who are you? above
What personal data and information do you collect?
Personal data is any information which could identify you, including your name, address and email address and IP address. Special category data is more sensitive, such as information about your health or ethnic origin.
Depending on how you use the Website and what we provide to you, we collect a range of personal data from you, including your name and contact information (such as your address, telephone number and email) as well as other information which you choose to give us as you use the Website and our services. You may also choose to give us special category personal information so that we can provide services to you as you require.
If you choose not to provide us with personal data, we may be unable to provide some services to you. For example, without your email address we will not be able to email you.
How do you collect personal data?
We may collect your personal data from you in the following ways
- Forms you complete on the Website, such as when you register with us
- Information you provide to us when you buy from us or ask us to provide services to you
- The information you provide when you communicate with us such as by email
- Any surveys or feedback requests which you choose to complete or competitions which you choose to enter
- Information about your visits to our Website which will include (but are not limited to) your IP address, online tracking such as location, browser and type of device you use
How do you use Personal information?
We use personal data so that we can
- Supply you with services you have asked us for
- Send you any information you have asked for or which may interest you, where you have consented to this happening, or information we need to tell you about
- Deal with any request for help or answer your queries and customer support generally
- Give you the best user experience and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our Website
- To analyse and monitor how our Website is used and to help us to administer it (including security and fraud detection) and to run our business generally
What is the lawful basis for processing my personal data?
The law says that we cannot process (collect, use or store) your information unless we have a lawful basis for doing so. There are several lawful bases which we rely on, including
- consent –when you agree that we can use your personal data in a particular way
- contract –to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or because you have asked us to do something before we enter into a contract together
- legal obligation –when the law says that we must, such as for tax reasons
- legitimate interests –when we use your personal data in ways you would reasonably expect, and which have a minimal privacy impact, or where there is a compelling justification
Who do you share personal data with?
There may be times when we must share your personal data with others, for example, where the law requires us or to enforce our rights or protect others, such as for fraud prevention. We may also
- Allow authorised third parties to track and store information about visitors to our website (including Google Analytics)
- Disclose your personal data to those who are providing services to us if they have appropriate processes to protect it. Examples would be hauliers delivering our products to you and suppliers delivering directly to you.
Otherwise we will only share your personal information if you have consented to this
What are my personal data rights?
The law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data and to exercise or discuss these rights contact Stephanie Dennis at email@example.com.
The following rights apply to personal data we collect and process so that you can
- Access your personal data
- Rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Ask us to erase your personal data and prevent processing in specific circumstances
- Restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- Object to processing your personal data in certain circumstances
You also have the right to lodge any data protection complaints with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s supervisory authority. Visit www.ico.org.uk for more information including how to access their helpline.
What about storing and transferring personal data?
We keep your personal data only for as long as it is reasonably required and then it will be deleted or destroyed or anonymised. Our Data Retention Policy is:
|Potential Clients||We will retain personal information for 12 months from the date of our last contact.|
|Clients||We will retain personal information for 7 years from the date that you ceased to be a client.|
|Potential Suppliers||We will retain personal information for 6 months from the date of the last time you contacted us.|
|Suppliers||We will retain personal information for 7 years from the date that you ceased to be a supplier.|
Your data may be transferred or stored outside the EU to countries which may not have the same data protection as the EU but, if we do this, we will have an agreement with the third party who will be using an approved mechanism to keep personal data secure.
Do you collect and process non-personal Information?
When you use the Website we may also collect non-personal information or aggregated information –that is any information about more than one individual where the individual’s identity is unknown and cannot be inferred from that information. This helps us run our Website and business effectively.
What about third parties and social media?
You may visit or leave our Website by clicking a link to or from another website or platform operated by a third party –for example, you may use social media icons (such as Twitter). If you do this, please also take the time to read the relevant privacy information provided by other websites/platforms because they may be different. Your information will only be shared where you have agreed to permit this.
#ILoveMyGarden 2021 - meet this years winner!
Our FREE TO ENTER photo competition #ILoveMyGarden, raising money for local charity Living Options Devon, is now closed for 2021. Want to find out more? Follow the link below:
The Old Stable