In 1988 we started growing turf from seed in response to demand for a much improved turf which retains the benefit of hard wear but with the added properties of a fine, dense green sward. Our seeded amenity turf brings you the following benefits:
- Uniform consistent quality giving a smarter lawn
- The same hard wearing properties, ideal for your family lawn
- Slower growing than meadow turf, so requires less frequent mowing
- Very tolerant and easy to care for
As a rule the optimum conditions for our seeded turf to thrive are:
- Sunny aspect
- Well draining soil
- Regular mowing
- Feeding twice a year
Interested in our Seeded Turf?
- Cultivated on a sandy loam soil which enables us to offer this consistent grade all year round, almost regardless of weather conditions.
- The following seed mixture is typical but can vary as it is constantly reviewed in an effort to produce the optimum quality of turf for our customers:
- 25% Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass
- 35% Strong Creeping Red Fescue
- 25% Slender Creeping Red Fescue
- 15% Chewings Fescue
- Produces a turf which is fine enough for a stunning domestic lawn, has excellent wear tolerance yet at the same time is easy to care for.
- Used extensively for golf tees and amenity areas which are subject to wear.
- May contain Oxygrid degradable net
If you’re looking for help and advice on your lawn we keep a well-stocked library of guides to assist you with ordering, laying and care of turf. In the meantime if you don’t see what you need here on our website please send us your question or phone us.
Our FREE TO ENTER photo campaign #ILoveMyDevonGarden 2022, raising money to help disabled people in Devon enjoy the great outdoors, has just finished. Want to find out more? Follow the link below:
The Old Stable